Dr. Xiaomei Yu
Lecturer, Ph.D. in Applied Chemistry
Dr. Xiaomei Yu received her PhD from Ajou University (South Korea) in 2017. From the end of 2017, she works as a lecturer in the Research Center of Heterogeneous Catalysis and Engineering Sciences, School of Chemical Engineering and Energy in Zhengzhou University.
Heterogeneous photocatalysis; Surface chemistry; Physical chemistry.
1. Synthesis of shape-controlled metal oxide semiconductor photocatalyst in nanocrystalline phase; solution chemistry;
2. Photocatalysis with semiconductor catalysts under atmospheric condition;
3. Control of surface/bulk defects in photocatalyst and their critical role in photoactivity for photo-degradation of organic dye molecules.
4. Hydrogen evolution from the photocatalytic and photoelectrochemical water splitting under solar light over semiconductor nanoparticles and thin layers.
5. Study on the kinetic behaviors in catalytic CO oxidation over Pt/TiO2 nanocrystals.
1. Xiaomei Yu; Yunfei Wang; Yu Kwon Kim, Engineering defects and photocatalytic activity of TiO2 nanoparticles by thermal treatments in NH3 and subsequent surface chemical etchings. Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics 2017, 19, 24049-24058.
2. Xiaomei Yu1; Yunfei Wang1; Ansoon Kim2; and Yu Kwon Kim1, Observation of temperature-dependent kinetics for catalytic CO oxidation over TiO2-supported Pt catalysts. Chemical Physics Letters 685 (2017), 282-287.
3. Malkeshkumar Patel1; Xiaomei Yu2; Yu Kwon Kim2; Joondong Kim1, Facile formation of nanodisk-shaped orthorhombic SnS layers from SnS2 particles for photoelectrocatalytic hydrogen production. ChemNanoMat 2017, 3, 591-600.
4. Xiaomei Yu; Byungwook Jeon; Yu Kwon Kim, Dominant influence of the surface on the photoactivity of shape-controlled anatase TiO2 nanocrystals. ACS Catalysis 2015, 5 (6), 3316-3322.
5. Xiaomei Yu; Boseong Kim; Yu Kwon Kim, Highly enhanced photoactivity of anatase TiO2 nanocrystals by controlled hydrogenation-induced surface defects. ACS Catalysis 2013, 3 (11), 2479-2486.
6. Byungwook Jeon1; Ansoon Kim2; Andre Ricard3; Jean-Philippe Sarrette3; Xiaomei Yu1; Yu Kwon Kim1, A study on selective surface nitridation of TiO2 nanocrystals in the afterglows of N2 and N2-O2 microwave plasmas. Applied Surface Science 2018, 432, 163-169.
Dr. Xiaomei Yu
Research Center of Heterogeneous Catalysis and Engineering Sciences,
School of Chemical Engineering and Energy,
Address: School of Chemical Engineering and Energy, Zhengzhou University, Science avenue 100, Zhengzhou, P. R. China.
Post Code: 450001